CFA Institute regularly updates CFA Curriculum to keep it relevant.
PrepSmarter stays on top of any curriculum changes so our users always have the most updated content.
Here are the high-level changes for CFA Level 1 2018:
One reading was completely rewritten and is essentially new for 2018 at CFA Level 1.
- Introduction to Alternative Investments by Terri Duhon, George Spentzos, CFA, FSIP, and Scott D. Stewart, CFA (L1V6R58)
Two readings were removed from CFA Level 1 for 2018.
- Dividends and Share Repurchases: Basics by George H. Troughton, PhD, CFA, and Gregory Noronha, PhD, CFA
- Risk Management Applications of Option Strategies by Don M. Chance, PhD, CFA, Richard V. Eastin, PhD, and Gary L. Arbogast, CFA
Updates and Revisions
Two CFA Level 1 readings were revised for 2018:
- Corporate Governance and ESG: An Introduction (L2V4R34)
- Equity Valuation: Concepts and Basic Tools (L1V5R49)
For detailed changes, click the button below.